Monday, December 11, 2017

My ironic financial life.....

Funny random thing about me......

I love numbers. I find connection with numbers everyday.  I love to see them in sequence, I love to write them down.  I love to enter numbers into excel spreadsheets just to see the numbers balance out.  I went to college to major in Accounting and just recently, I went back to work full time in a career in the banking industry.  

What I don't love is......

Finances.  More specifically, personal finances.

I see the irony in this all the time.

I get so stressed out when it comes to my own finances.  I always put off doing them and it creates a stressful time in my home.  

I have been following to amazing Jordan over at funcheaporfree for a few months now, and I am inspired by her-especially since she also doesn't like to deal with finances either.  I am still deciding on when I will get her Budget Bootcamp program.  But, in the meantime, I will be working on having a consistent routine with my money.

At work, we have an evaluation every 6 months. Within this time, we do 90-day action plans. After sitting down with my supervisor and planning out my focus for the next 90 days, I am getting excited about implementing this in my personal life.

The three places I am going to start with is:

this may or may not be a picture of my current system

  • Budgeting 
  • Filing/Organizing
  • Setting up finance "appointments" with myself

Once I get my initial plan together, I'll share.  I know....lucky you ;)

Do you agree with my three areas that will help me? What other ones would you do instead?

No comments: