Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My favorite layouts

I was looking through my photo albums and I have picked a few layouts that are my favorite. Every time I see them, I have to stop and admire them. They each have a different reason as to why they are my favorites. It could be the story, the pictures, the technique, color or subject matter. I hope you enjoy these layouts, as I have, while I share them with you.

I would like to start with the story. (sorry about the bad pictures- I am not a photographer and don't claim to be.)


This first one is about my brother. I had made this about five years after he had passed away. I actually sent in into a magazine for a contest. I didn't win anything, but I am glad that I made this.

This layout was done after an activity that I was part of due to my brother passing away. TCF (known as the compassionate friends) is a group of people who have lost loved ones due to death. In 2001, the annual conference was held at the Grand America Hotel in SLC and I was able to be a part of it. This particular event, was a picnic where we let balloons go after writing a note to our loved ones and tied them to the balloon.

This last one is pretty funny. Twice a year, my mom and I go to the Original Scrapbook USA Expo at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy. This particular time, Jason (the DJ, host, mic guy) posed a question to the attendees. He asked them how far they would go for several hundred dollars worth of Cropper Hopper product. Dozens of women ran to the stage, until the hair clippers came out. Then, all but two backed off. I had the chore of shaving one of the ladies heads whom I later found out is a good friend of one of my neighbors.

1 comment:

Camille said...

Eek! I don't think I would go as far as sacrificing my hair for scrapbooking products (only because I lack the creativity and I'm a bit vain... (= ) Maybe for a cupcake! :)

You definitely have some skill! I'm glad you share it here on your blog! :)