Friday, July 1, 2011

GNOWMVR!!!

{which stands for Girls Night out with Mandi from Vintage Revivals}

Remember when I entered this contest?
I didn't win, but someone who lives by me did!! Her name is Jessica and this is her blog and to see the reveal go here. While Mandi was up, she hosted a girl's night out. I almost didn't go. I am not one to just show up by myself to places where I don't know anyone. If I do go anywhere like this, I take my mom. Cuz, hey, at least I know one person right? I told myself everyday for a week that I was going. And, if I felt uncomfortable at all I could leave at any time-I did drive myself there after all. We were all to bring treats to share. So, I made mini cheesecakes. {recipe to come}
 
I did come home with a few but that is only because there were so much yummy goodness there. Like


homemade goodie boxes filled with chocolate candy from Natalie.

Or these

Pink Lemonade cupcakes from Amy. It turns out that I have known Amy since we were 15 when we danced on the same team. That right there made me so happy that I went-even by myself. See the cute pin she's wearing?  Michelle made them for all the bloggers there-and I got one!!! It's so cute. It's her business card made from pages from a book and her info is on the back.

Here are some more pics of our fun {and long} evening.



Mandi had a drawing for some paint, brushes and this awesome frame. The gal in the middle won-I just didn't get to meet her, so I don't know her name. A few of us ended up talking until past 11pm. It was fun, I'm glad I went. Here's the group shot.

Natalie @ Doodlecraft
Laura @ Corner House
Me {you're already here!}

No comments: