Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Countdown to....

The other day, we were driving down the road when we passed my son's school and he got really sad and said that he missed his school he wanted to go back. I love that he enjoys school so much and that he does well.  It would be so much harder to handle if this weren't the case-he is in Special Ed-he has High Functioning Autism.  So, awhile back I made a back to school countdown and I have had to break it out recently. 

I know, it's barely summer and I am already doing a back to school countdown.  But, wouldn't this be fun for Birthday, Vacation or any special and/or fun occasion.  I just used an 8.5x11 cardstock.  I cut the school bus and numbers from the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge, laminated everything then I attached a strip of velcro to each side of the sheet and to the back of each number using E6000-love that stuff! I also glued some velcro to the center of the sign to attach how many days are remaining.  And, I use the 6 and 9 interchanably so I only had to cut one of them.



Linking:



Tip Junkie handmade projects

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Found you from your comment on agaagg x

The CSI Girl said...

So cute and creative!I hope you will link this up to The CSI Project starting tomorrow night. The challenge this week is Back to School. every week is a new challenge and winners! Also a great giveaway!
Come on over and see the tutorials.
www.thecsiproject.com